West Virginia: Marijuana Tax Handbook

West Virginia:

West Virginia Marijuana Tax Rate

Sales Tax Medical Excise Tax Medical Max Medical Tax Sales Tax Recreational Excise Tax Recreational Max Recreational Tax
N/A 10.00% 10.00% N/A N/A N/A

2022 West Virginia Marijuana Tax Handbook

Medical marijuana legal in West Virginia, but there is no cannabis sales tax for it.

Recreational marijuana is illegal in West Virginia, so there are no taxes for it.

About West Virginia Marijuana Tax

There is a 10% gross receipts excise tax that dispensaries must pay. The tax cannot be added as a separate charge or line item on any receipt to the patient.

What is the most recent revenue statistic for West Virginia?

55% of the revenue from the sales tax goes to the bureau. Of the remaining 45%, one half is allowed to the Fight Substance Abuse Fund, 40% goes to the Division of Justice and Community Services, and the remaining 10% goes to law enforcement professional training and development programs.

Is the West Virginia Marijuana Tax Weight-Based or Percentage-of-price-Based?

West Virginia's marijuana program uses a Percentage-of-price tax system. This means that the tax charged is calculated using the retail price of the Marijuana at the time of purchase.

Does West Virginia have a Controlled Substances Tax?

West Virginia does not have a Controlled Substances tax involving Marijuana.




How do West Virginia's marijuana taxes compare to the states around it?

Maryland
Ohio
Pennsylvania
Virginia

Note: It is illegal to transport marijuana accross state lines.

For more information about West Virginia Marijuana Taxes, visit the West Virginia Marijuana Tax page.

Extra Resources


** This Document Provided By SalesTaxHandbook **
Source: http://www.salestaxhandbook.com/west-virginia/marijuana