District of Columbia Recreational Marijuana Handbook
District of Columbia Marijuana Tax Rate
|Sales Tax Medical||Excise Tax Medical||Max Medical Tax||Sales Tax Recreational||Excise Tax Recreational||Max Recreational Tax|
2022 District of Columbia Recreational Marijuana Handbook
District of Columbia has 2 bordering states consisting of Maryland, and Virginia.
Recreational marijuana is legal in Virginia and is subject to a sales tax of 5.30%. There is also a 21% excise tax on all sales of recreational marijuana in Virginia.
Recreational Marijuana is illegal in Maryland, so there is no tax on recreational marijuana in those states.
About District of Columbia Recreational Marijuana
Is recreational marijuana legal in District of Columbia?
Yes, recreational marijuana is legal in District of Columbia
When and how did District of Columbia legalize marijuana recreationally?
District of Columbia legalized recreational marijuana in 2014. This law was passed using Initiative 71 and passed with a vote of 64.87%. The official name for this law is Marijuana Legalization and Regulation Act of 2015
District of Columbia Recreational Marijuana possession limits
- 2 oz usable
- 6 plants (no more than 3 mature)
- Six plants
What are the restrictions on growing at home?
- You are allowed to grow up to six plants at one time
- No more than three of the plants can be mature and flowering at one time
- No more than twelve plants can be cultivated per household regardless of how many adults live in the home.
- No more than six plants can be mature and flowering at a single time in the household.