Guam: Medical Marijuana Handbook
Guam Marijuana Tax Rate
|Sales Tax Medical||Excise Tax Medical||Max Medical Tax||Sales Tax Recreational||Excise Tax Recreational||Max Recreational Tax|
2021 Guam Medical Marijuana Handbook
Guam has 1 bordering state consisting of Northern Mariana Islands,
Medical marijuana is legal in Northern Mariana Islands , but they choose not to tax medical marijuana. There is, however, a 7.50% cannabis excise tax on all sales of medical marijuana in Northern Mariana Islands.
Medical Marijuana is illegal in so there is no tax on medical marijuana in those states.
About Guam Medical Marijuana
Is medical marijuana legal in Guam?
Yes, medical marijuana is legal in Guam
When and how did Guam legalize marijuana for medical use?
Guam legalized medical marijuana in 2015. This law was passed using Referendum - 2014 and passed with a vote of 56%. The official name for this law is the Joaquin (KC) Conception II Compassionate Cannabis Use Act of 2013
Guam Medical Marijuana possession limits
- 2.5 oz per 14-day period
- 6 mature
- 12 immature
You can grow marijuana for medical purposes provided the cultivation and and storage is done in an enclosed and locked facility.
Is it legal to grow marijuana for medicinal use at home in Guam?
Yes, medical marijuana patients are allowed to grow marijuana for medicinal use.
Department shall issue a homegrown cultivation registration to a qualifying patient
Are there medical dispensaries available to patients?
Yes, as long as the patient presents the appropriate documentation for Guam.
$1,000 fee for a medical Cannabis Dispensary Business License
Is there a list of specific conditions for medical marijuana in Guam?
- multiple sclerosis
- HIV and AIDS
- post-traumatic stress disorder
- rheumatoid arthritis or similar chronic autoimmune inflammatory disorders
- damage to the nervous tissue of the spinal cord
- patients in hospice care
- any other medical condition, medical treatment or disease as approved by the Department.
The list above, and more detailed information on it, can be found in the Guam medical marijuana law
Does Guam have a medical registry system or ID card?
Yes, Guam keeps track of their medical marijuna patients.
Under § 122407
- The registry gives registry identification cards once the patient provides a written certification and pertinent information like their name, address, and telephone number. If there is a caregiver, their information will also be submitted.
- The Department shall approve or deny an application within thirty days of receipt.
- The Department may deny an application only if the applicant did not provide the information required
- If the Department determines that the information provided is false. A person whose application has been denied shall not reapply for 6 months from the date of the denial unless otherwise authorized by the Department.
- The Department shall issue a registry identification card within 5 days of approving an application, and a card shall expire one year after the date of issuance
Does Guam recognize patients from other states?
No, Guam does not recognize patients from any state.
Are there any age restrictions for medical marijuana in Guam?
Minors, or persons under 18 years of age. may qualify under this law to use cannabis for medical purposes, if, and only if, their parents or guardians sign off on the use of the product.